Friday, June 29, 2012

Redo Time




I am remodeling my kitchen and living room area. It has been a very stressful last few months, but I know it is going to be great in the end. I have found so many new ideas on Pinterest and I can't wait to try them. The top left hand photo is the use to be kitchen (Awful). I use to have a peninsula come from the left and side and come out to where you see the mark in the middle of the floor. YES you see it right the counter tops were a laminate PINK. I would like to speak to the designers. The house is about 15 years old. It was passed down from my grandmother. The down fall is that it is a modular home 1183 square feet with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, no laundry room. That will be a whole other blog.
The bottom left hand photo is showing where the sliding glass door with no deck on the outside use to be. We have closed it in so far. The top right shows the division wall that was there before (we have removed it) between the kitchen and the living room and the bottom right shows my front door and fire place in the living room. We have painted since then and my new kitchen is in the middle of my floor as I blog.


Here is my plan 
Thanks to IKEA 3D PLANNER, I have mad my kitchen two times the size it was. All of my cabinets are here and ready to go, but we have had to take our time to get it done with all the changes we made to the area. We purchase our laminate floors this weekend where we caught an awesome sale for cherry wood 7mm at .59 cent per square foot.

We have painted our walls in the hallway, living and kitchen a coastal blue. We plan on adding a brown back splash (really have not seen a winner yet) and adding lighting to each glass cabinet and under each top cabinet.
Here is my inspiration! I think that this is as close to what I want that I could find. I plan on using some creative ideas for storage and decorating. I will continue to keep an update on the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment